Saturday, April 20, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Proper battery capacity

 

Your are in good company with your project,  you should join the UK electric boat association,  lot of there member have similar boats:

Plus they have a fantastic members journal.  

On Apr 18, 2013, at 4:43 AM, RICHARD JAMES wrote:

 

Hi all, I've been reading these posts to glean some info for my own project (more later) but I'm a bit confused over the units being talked about. seeing a lot of 1Wh/lb suggested and then 1kWh per ton as if they were the same. Surely 1Wh/lb is equivalent to 2kW/ton, there being 2000lbs in a ton (in the U.S.) or am I missing something.
Anyway my project is probably an order of magnitude smaller than what you people are doing (apart from the guy with the canoe) but here goes. I'm planning a day boat for some genteel cruising on the upper reaches of the Thames (ie non-tidal). About six hours cruising a day at three to four knots. The hull form is pretty close to that of an inflatable, flat bottomed, rounded sides. All-up weight of boat, four people, batteries, motor etc approx 1500lbs. 350W  48v motor powered by four 110Ahr batteries in series.  The question I have is this - does this all sound reasonable or is it way out. I would very much appreciate some advice.

Richard James
London, UK


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (85)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment