Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Electrolisis on the motor wire studs?

 

>I checked all around for a loose wire, and found the cable to the -
>stud was loose. I could also move the + side if I tried. Both studs
>broke off right where the wires attached, as soon as I applied
>torque to them.
>
>Anyone have this happen? Can I remove what's left of the old studs
>and screw in new ones? What is causing this, and how do I prevent it
>in the future?

If they're lead-acid batteries, it's only lead holding the terminal
bolts in place, so you can only do them up so tight. Just a thought.
Corrosion/electrolysis of course also very possible anywhere around
salt water, more so if it actually gets salt spray. Great gobs of
vaseline are the usual way to try and prevent terminal corrosion.

Craig

=====

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment