Friday, April 1, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] LiFe battery

 

John;
If you outline the entire system you are considering, I am sure folks here can make some suggestions. The Lifebatt cells are quite expensive for the power they provide, but are good stuff, and support high charging and discharge rates. Headway makes similar cells that are cheaper, and there are prismatic cells that are much better economically if you don’t need the high discharge rates.

Chris



On 4/1/11 12:41 PM, "john_casperson" <john_casperson@yahoo.com> wrote:


 
 
   

The target weight for a boat I am constructing is 300 lbs, so it can be dragged up on the beach.

I asked a vendor for a quote on a 12V 200 Ah Life battery.  He asked what I wanted it for.  I told him to replace a pair of Wal-mart group 29 deep cycle batteries and save 100 pounds in weight.  He then recommended

"My take on your project would be to use (1) 12V / 30Ah LiFeBATT Lithium prismatic cell battery.  Cost = $ 550.00 plus $150 shipping.  Weight = 13 LBS."

A 12V 45Ah lead acid battery weighs the same as what he quoted, and only costs 1/5 to 1/4 as much.  If I wanted woefully inadequate capacity, I'd do that.

What are these batteries for?

John Casperson

 
   


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment