Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Recommendations for a windmill/charge controller?

Good morning!

I'm a big fan of wind power and have had Rutland on two different boats. As I'm planning my electric motor conversion, I did some research.

The one I'll be going with is the Rutland 1200 48v Terrain charger. Their tech support people say it's no different from their "marine" 1200 except for being 48v. Their charge controller looks a bit clunky but it does a great job. I do recommend the remote display if you site the controller somewhere that's not super easy to get to because you can shut the wind generator down manually with it.
https://www.marlec.co.uk/product/rutland-1200-terrain-windcharger/

Because you don't pay VAT, it can be cheaper to buy directly from them and have it shipped.

I'm not certain they sell a mount for the mizzen, but I'm sure you can find something that will work.

Best regards,
Dena Hankins
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32251) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment