Monday, August 15, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Kiwiprop

That sounds about right, my boat is 30 feet and around 6,000 pounds.  I replaced my beat up old Michigan prop with a 13" varifold 2 blade and can easily get the boat up to 5 knots in light winds.  A week ago I had to motor back in a 15 knot headwind with 3 foot waves and was able to get around 4 knots at a 70 amp current draw.  The entire trip took around 22% of my 15 Kw lifepo4 bank but that was with ducking through more sheltered parts (the 70 amps was coming out the western gap from Toronto Island in 4 foot swells).
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32098) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment