Saturday, March 27, 2021

Re: Ang.:Re: [electricboats] Material Choices and Thrust Bearings

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 01:04 PM, Carsten wrote:
I contacted SKF (the inventor), and they recommended this bearing for this purpose.
(Hmm, maybe I should mass produce a range of housings ? ;-)
Carsten,

That would actually be a great idea!  Not likely to a huge scale, but there are a few of us wanting to use a good thrust bearing / thrust plate solution. I would certainly buy one that was priced effectively and wasn't overbuilt for my purposes. I see the high end ones on the market, but I don't have a problem with noise -- at all.  And what I really want is a reliable solution that I can attach to my propeller shaft, then to a thrust plate I can attach to my motor mount / stay. Don't know the price range, but if the housing, attachments and bearings could be had for around $300 - $500, that would be fantastic.  Maybe even more.

:-)
Steve
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31244) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment