Monday, July 6, 2020

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric conversion

 

Hi there. 
I used to get my email info from Electricboats group but now I am getting tons of individual mail from everyone. 
Don't know what happened? 




Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: "Jeff McDaniel mrbcast@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 7/6/20 1:25 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric conversion

 

I agree with you.  I havent found another system that is more cost effective while also allowing me to customize the install to my specs.  Having a tough time with betts as well.

Jeff...

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020, 9:20 AM financial@jamesschmidt.xyz [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Looking at as many websites as possible.  I don't see anything better than Thunderstruck.  It looks like with 25,700 displacement, I'll need to go with the 18 kw ME1.616 motor.
There seems to be a large price range in batteries.  Do solar storage batteries work well.  There are some Chinese companies that make these batteries much cheaper than others.

 

On 2020-07-04 9:25 am, Jeff McDaniel mrbcast@gmail.com [electricboats] wrote:

 


Yeah took mine out with the boom and a dock cart..  Took two weeks to get the diesel smell out.
 
Jeff...

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020, 9:49 AM financial@jamesschmidt.xyz [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 


Jeff,
I'm at the beginning stages of refurbishing my CT41.  I am starting to dismantle the Yanmar today! You know more than I do.

 

On 2020-07-04 6:32 am, Jeff McDaniel mrbcast@gmail.com [electricboats] wrote:

 


I have a 42 year old Hunter 30 that I am restoring.  I am in the process of getting the small engine compartment ready for a 10kw thunderstruck engine.  I would love to hear some of your suggestions on batts, chargers and solar that you would recommend.  Thanks.
 
Jeff McDaniel
 
 
 
 

__._,_.___

Posted by: rschwirz <rschwirz@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (36)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment