Saturday, July 4, 2020

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric conversion

 

John, did you take the boat out for the conversion or did you do it in the wet? Does it have a regular stuffing box or a pss dripless?

Best regards 

Jesper 

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020, 08:47 john theune jatheune@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I am in the final stages of converting a Catalina 27 from Atomic 4 to Thunderstruck 10KW electric motor.  I have a 100AH 48 volt battery bank consisting of 4 100AH AGM batteries.  I took it out for its first cruise Wednesday and will go out again today.  Rough power consumption: 1 hour cruise at 3 knots used 22% of battery bank.  I did not have  gps hooked up so very rough numbers.  Going out today to generate better numbers.


John

On 7/4/2020 9:32 AM, Jeff McDaniel mrbcast@gmail.com [electricboats] wrote:
 
I have a 42 year old Hunter 30 that I am restoring.  I am in the process of getting the small engine compartment ready for a 10kw thunderstruck engine.  I would love to hear some of your suggestions on batts, chargers and solar that you would recommend.  Thanks.

Jeff McDaniel

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jesper Malmberg <jesper.malmberg86@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (25)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment