Saturday, July 4, 2020

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric conversion

 

That sounds awesome.  Do you have any pics and what kind of range and speed do you get?

Jeff...

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020, 12:14 PM D C armyofpenguins@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Jeff, 

I converted a Buchan 37 last year using the 10kW Thunderstruck kit.  For the battery, I used 48 CALB 100ah cells from Electric Car Parts Company.  I arranged my cells in 3 cells parallel, then strung together 16 in series (3P16S). 

I used Thunderstruck's EVCC and BMS modules, their 2500 charger, and the dilithium display.  Overall I've been very happy with them all.

My bus bars are overkill by most people's standards but I minimized resistance, eliminated overheating concerns, and simplified connections between cells by making custom bus bars that connect 3 cells to 3 other cells with a single bar.  I bought 1/8-inch X 4-inch copper flat bar from onlinemetals.com

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 6:33 AM Jeff McDaniel mrbcast@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I have a 42 year old Hunter 30 that I am restoring.  I am in the process of getting the small engine compartment ready for a 10kw thunderstruck engine.  I would love to hear some of your suggestions on batts, chargers and solar that you would recommend.  Thanks.

Jeff McDaniel

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jeff McDaniel <mrbcast@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (29)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment