Monday, July 6, 2020

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric conversion

 

Maybe it's time to kill the Yahoo group…I suppose I have the power to do that---unless they have denied me that ability also.

 

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 11:43 AM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric conversion

 

 

Yahoo killed off most of the functionality of their "groups" product, so now it is just a simple email list.  The "electric boats" group got migrated to groups.io.  That new site works like the old yahoo version did, and in my opinion, somewhat better.

 

I'm not sure why this thread started using the yahoo version or why everyone just kept the discussion here.  I've just been reading the posts and deleting, figuring that someone would eventually take this the current channel.

Eric 

Marina del Rey, CA



On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:21 AM, rschwirz rschwirz@sbcglobal.net [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  

Hi there. 

I used to get my email info from Electricboats group but now I am getting tons of individual mail from everyone. 

Don't know what happened? 

 

 

 

 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

 

 

-------- Original message --------

From: "Jeff McDaniel mrbcast@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>

Date: 7/6/20 1:25 PM (GMT-05:00)

Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric conversion

 

 

I agree with you.  I havent found another system that is more cost effective while also allowing me to customize the install to my specs.  Having a tough time with betts as well.

 

Jeff...

 

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020, 9:20 AM financial@jamesschmidt.xyz [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Looking at as many websites as possible.  I don't see anything better than Thunderstruck.  It looks like with 25,700 displacement, I'll need to go with the 18 kw ME1.616 motor.
There seems to be a large price range in batteries.  Do solar storage batteries work well.  There are some Chinese companies that make these batteries much cheaper than others.

 



On 2020-07-04 9:25 am, Jeff McDaniel mrbcast@gmail.com [electricboats] wrote:

 

 

Yeah took mine out with the boom and a dock cart...  Took two weeks to get the diesel smell out.

 

Jeff...

 

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020, 9:49 AM financial@jamesschmidt.xyz [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

 

Jeff,
I'm at the beginning stages of refurbishing my CT41.  I am starting to dismantle the Yanmar today! You know more than I do.

 



On 2020-07-04 6:32 am, Jeff McDaniel mrbcast@gmail.com [electricboats] wrote:

 

 

I have a 42 year old Hunter 30 that I am restoring.  I am in the process of getting the small engine compartment ready for a 10kw thunderstruck engine.  I would love to hear some of your suggestions on batts, chargers and solar that you would recommend.  Thanks.

 

Jeff McDaniel

 

 

 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Myles Twete" <matwete@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (41)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment