Saturday, March 7, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Proper propellor

Part of the problem with heading into a 15 knot wind with gusts...   First off it's a sailboat, they get blown around while motoring. 
Secondly, you just don't have enough headway.  Unlike our ICE counterparts you're in a boat that utilizes an electric drive so like all of us, you're light on the throttle in order to extend range.
Ask me how I know this :)

Prop, on my 28', currently running a 4 bladed 12x12.5 meant for a wakeboard boat. I started out with a 14x10 3 bladed. Imo, get rid of that 2 bladed prop.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020, 5:31 PM <tom@tsteininc.com> wrote:
I've got an O'Day 30' with a Thunderstruck 10K motor, 2:1 reduction and 4 AGM batteries.  I've got the original 16" pitch 9, 2 blade prop that was powered by a 16HP Universal when the boat was built. I'm convinced there must be something more efficient. I can't even maintain a course into a 15mph wind.  
I'm with Jeff looking for suggestions




tom@tsteininc.com
850 259-8600

Thos. Stein Inc. 
78B Ricker Ave. 
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

Florida underground utility contractor license RU0058046
Florida plumbing contractor license RF0057995

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30344) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment