Sunday, March 8, 2020

Re: [electricboats] CAN to NMEA2000 motor data

Eric,
I just bought a 48v pack (270 ah cells around 13 kwh total) with bms, bus bars, and shipping for approximately $3k. They'd probably be less cause the shipping was to the USVI to my off grid house. A friend bought the same last year and they've worked well so far. They do come on the very slow boat from China so about 4 months lead time. But cost maybe half of a few years ago?


I did buy the Hang Kai 1.2 electric outboard last year on aliexpress and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived 3 months later. Looks well made but the Chinglish owner's manual says "Do not use in rain". I'm building a 12 foot dinghy to put it on will let the group know how it works when we hit the water. 
Jerry Barth
Sent from my Sprint Phone.

------ Original message------
From: Eric via Groups.Io
Date: Sat, Mar 7, 2020 8:16 PM
Cc:
Subject:Re: [electricboats] CAN to NMEA2000 motor data

Are LiFePO4 prices actually coming down?  What did you pay for your installed batteries?  

I purchased 8kWh batteries new in 2009.  The sixteen Thunder Sky TS-LFP160AHA 160Ah cells, including purchase price, tax, shipping to my driveway, inter-cell braided connectors, and autonomous mini-MBS boards were right around $3600 or about $0.45 per Wh.  The bare cells were $3326.60 delivered.  The connectors and BMS boards came from another vendor.  None of my recent research has come up with a comparable price, let alone cheaper.

People keep saying that our batteries are getting cheaper, but 10 years after I bought mine, I'm not seeing it.

Fair winds,
Eric
1964 Bermuda 30 Ketch, 5.5kW drive, 8kWh LiFePO4 batteries
Marina del Rey, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment