Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Electrically powered dingy on a mothership sailboat that only anchors

Because each battery bank has its own charge profile. So each mppt should be set up for the two very specific and  different charging profiles?

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 6:19 PM mosslandingcreatures via Groups.Io <mosslandingcreatures=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I hope I'm on the right track. Let's say you have a mothership isolated AGM battery bank for the house and start batteries and as well as a second mppt isolated for the lithium battery bank for the electric dingy with its own charging profile. Could you make the Victron settings on two separate mppts to match each banks charging needs. The input current from the PV could be the line current that could be switched to the mppt current to a dedicated AGM with AGM charging profile, and a second mppt charger set for lithium charging.  And switch between one or the other depending on which battery bank you want charged. If it could be done automatically prioritizing the house that would be fantastic so it would be self selecting. What do you ladies and gentlemen think? Victron only because that's what's been exclusively used so want to keep with the Victron brand which I really like.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 8:02 AM Rob Hepler <rob@sail4life.net> wrote:
Victron allows you to divert power to other sources once batteries are full.. a common use is to make more/hotter water for domestic use, but I don't see why you couldn't divert to another charger instead.

Sadly.. that's the sharp end of my knowledge. … I've seen it implementd but don't know how it was.

-Rob


On Mar 4, 2020, at 5:41 AM, mosslandingcreatures <mosslandingcreatures@gmail.com> wrote:

My first time on this wonderful info site. I thought my project would be easy. Mothership sailboat has 1k solar power with a 3k Victron inverter Charger powering the usual refer, autopilot, dc water maker and the like. House bank is 800 Ah. She has a Honda 2000 generator but I would dearly want not have to use it. With typical use and southern California/Mexico daylight and uniaxis pv tilt I hit float usually by mid day or so. I want my house bank to never dip below 50% DOD. I want componentry to see the house floating and send remaining power to a separate dedicated inverter??? To power the 120 v charger to drive 200 Ah lithium battery onboard the ding?... Echo charger relay??? I want rapid as possible charging of the dingy battery so I might use the 800 watt dingy motor for 2 hours every day. Any ideas ladies and gentlemen? 

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30322) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment