Saturday, March 7, 2020

[electricboats] CAN to NMEA2000 motor data

I have an electric engine in my Catalina 30 and it uses a Sevcon Gen4 controller.  Currently I have a Sevcon Clearview display that connects to what looks like an OBD-II plug on the Sevcon and this displays a lot of data like motor speed, Voltage and Amps.  The display also has the capability of updating parameters in the Sevcon controller.  I want to be able to display the engine speed and possibly the Volts and Amps being used on my Garmin GPSMap 942 chart plotter which is connected to NMEA2000 network.  On the network I have connected my wind and direction device as well as water depth and temp device.  I have been looking at ADFWEB.com which has a CANopen to NMEA2000 device and wondered if anyone has tried interfacing a Sevcon Gen 4 controller to NMEA200 network?

Rgds  Peter
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30331) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment