Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Electrically powered dingy on a mothership sailboat that only anchors

Victron allows you to divert power to other sources once batteries are full.. a common use is to make more/hotter water for domestic use, but I don't see why you couldn't divert to another charger instead.

Sadly.. that's the sharp end of my knowledge. … I've seen it implementd but don't know how it was.

-Rob


On Mar 4, 2020, at 5:41 AM, mosslandingcreatures <mosslandingcreatures@gmail.com> wrote:

My first time on this wonderful info site. I thought my project would be easy. Mothership sailboat has 1k solar power with a 3k Victron inverter Charger powering the usual refer, autopilot, dc water maker and the like. House bank is 800 Ah. She has a Honda 2000 generator but I would dearly want not have to use it. With typical use and southern California/Mexico daylight and uniaxis pv tilt I hit float usually by mid day or so. I want my house bank to never dip below 50% DOD. I want componentry to see the house floating and send remaining power to a separate dedicated inverter??? To power the 120 v charger to drive 200 Ah lithium battery onboard the ding?... Echo charger relay??? I want rapid as possible charging of the dingy battery so I might use the 800 watt dingy motor for 2 hours every day. Any ideas ladies and gentlemen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment