Saturday, August 25, 2018

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: My eboat ready to launch

 

My 10 kw is pushing my 40ft sailboat along nicely.  4ea 12 v 200ah lead acid batteries connecded to deliver a couple hours of run time.  The thunderstruck is a good reliable system.  We are in process of Lithium battery upgrade.  cheers  

Terminalift LLC 

9444 Mission Park Place Santee Ca 92071

# 619-562-2412 office

# 619-562-2060 fax



On Friday, August 24, 2018, 9:10:03 PM PDT, davidschenck@rogers.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

I own a 1989 Mirage 29, which currently has an original Volvo Penta 2002 diesel motor.  I am considering converting to electric - the old motor won't last much longer, and the admiral hates the smell!

I have looked at the 10kW Thunderstruck motor - it seems to be a good match.  I am struggling with battery capacity, however.  If I wanted an endurance of, say, 5 hours at 5 kts, what would I need?  I would consider LiFePO4 batteries - expensive, but apparently long lasting.

Any comments or guidance you all could provide would be much appreciated.

Dave

__._,_.___

Posted by: L Schmitz <terminalift@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment