Friday, August 31, 2018

Re: [Electric Boats] 48V ELECTRIC OUTBOARD

 

Nice, what brand outboard and where from? That would make a good backup motor to my primary 48v.

Thanks,
Brian

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 7:32 AM Berlouin Fred berlouin@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Just bought for $315 included shipping  a 4hp outboard 48v  I got then a 15a @ 48v  lithium battery. Slightly more powerful than my old 3HP Yamaha outboard, I tested it at ¾ of the throttle for 80 minutes about 5 knots on my 2.3m tender. The outboard is rated 1000w... It weights only 10kg. t is simple to use. It is perfect to run from marina to mooring.. I now used it several times.( And I don't need to stop at the petrol station for a 10l tank.... mixing oil ... smelly hands...pull the rope....will it start??  ...$300 service?)

It gives me a spare/emergency 48v battery for the main engine. And I will soon remove the lead house batteries for another 48v pack with a DC  48v to DC 12v converter.

Two 5 hp  outboard 1200w models could be the main propulsion for a light day-racing catamaran. 


Thank you for reading


__._,_.___

Posted by: Brian Dolan <kd5crs@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment