Sunday, August 19, 2018

[Electric Boats] My new eboat launch

 

Here is my until now rarely used Matt Layden Enigma 460 setup as an electric trawler.  She is about 42 inches wide, 15.5 feet long and mostly flat bottomed.  As designed she needed a good 750 lb of ballast or more to sit right in the water.  She is currently setup with a 28-LB trolling motor, and 4 6V-230AH wet cells.  I have them arranged as two 12V batteries in parallel.  I have about 350 LB of lead bricks to bring her up on her lines, although this will likely have to be adjusted up or down in the future.


A boat like this has a theoretical hull speed of something like 4.3Kts.  My goal is to be able to reach hull speed (in fairly calm waters, no current, minimal wind) and cruise for two days, for a total of 4 hours per day .  That span would meet many of my "weekend" outings" as far as needed range.  That's a minimum goal, and I'll see where I can go from there.


I realize I may (or will likely) need to double the motor size and potentially the battery bank too.   I'll report on things in a few weeks when I've had time to verify she does not sink, can handle the road damage of hauling the weight, etc.


A picture can be found here

https://curtisfamilyadventures.wordpress.com/

You can google enigma 460 for info on the boat before the conversion.

Chris Curtis




__._,_.___

Posted by: yahoomail@curtisteam.org
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment