Tuesday, August 28, 2018

[Electric Boats] Requestiig suggestions repowering my 37' sailboat

 

Dear electric boats group,

This is the first time I've written to the group requesting suggestions to replace a very old worn-out Sabb 18 HP diesel with an 18" variable pitch propeller to an electric motor, batteries, and solar panels. My boat is a Crealock 37 or a Pacific Seacraft 37 which I built myself and launched in 1985.  She is  37 feet overall, 27.5 feet on the waterline, a beam of 10'10", and a displacement of 20,000 lbs with all of the cruising gear aboard.

I built her with tender loving care for seven years to live-aboard & cruise the world. For 6 years beginning in 1988, I started exploring with the west coast of Mexico, French Polynesia consisting of the Marquises, the Tuamotu's, and the Society Islands of the South Pacific, and most of the Hawaiian Islands. In May of 2005, I started my adventures again, sailing from San Francisco to the Marquises, Tahiti, Cook Islands, Niue, Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, New Zealand, most of the islands of Tonga and am now continuing to explore islands, peoples, and bays around Savusavu, Fiji.

As you can read I am long on sailing experience and short on current knowledge of what is possible with electrically repowering my boat. I am requesting to be educated as to what is the current technology and its possibilities.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.




"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

Rumi

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Marco <sailormarco@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment