Thursday, March 5, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Lyman 13 Torqeedo Cruise 2.0 power consumption [2 Attachments]

 
[Attachment(s) from Glenn Holland included below]



Yesturday I tested for the first time a marriage of a Toq. prop to a MG hub.  It was quite windy so I couldn't do any precise testing but it was definately more effecient than either a Kip. or the standard MG prop. Hull speed at lower throttle.   A couple of photo attached.
Glenn Holland
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Lyman 13 Torqeedo Cruise 2.0 power consumption

 

Before finding this site,  I did purchase a Kipawa prop but since it is still winter here haven't tried it yet. I was also thinking of making a fairing for the shaft as well.


After doing some research here, I was also thinking of trying the Torqeedo prop on the trolling motor.


Most of the nearby lakes around me are electric only state parks and, from what I have witnessed, have not been exposed to a real electric powered boat of any significance to test the 'electric only' rule.  My goal with this setup is just a nice no-wake cruising speed with some reserve power if needed.  With two small children getting used to boating, this is about my limit at the time. 


__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Glenn Holland | View attachments on the web

2 of 2 Photo(s)


Posted by: "Glenn Holland" <gholland1@nc.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
136.jpg 134.jpg


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment