Monday, May 13, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] New member

 

Fred,

I'm away for a couple of days and can't remember the amp hours of the pack.  I'll look when I get back.  I had some initial concern about Lithium batteries and fires, but these are the lithium iron cells and, apparently, less subject to fires from moisture intrusion through cracks.   

What motor and how many volts are you running?

John

From: Fred Liesegang <fred4936@yahoo.com>
To: "electricboats@yahoogroups.com" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] New member

 
Hi John,
 
Welcome! Sounds like a great set-up!  The 33T Morgan is very sharp! I have a Tartan 27-2 converted to electric, but with flooded lead acid. I hope to go to something else in a couple of years,either lithium or nickel-metal hydride. I'm curious to find out the kw of your pack. Mine is 9kw, which I know is good for at least two hours. i hope to get some better numbers this summer. Good luck with it!
 
Fred
 
 

From: "activeenergy@rocketmail.com" <activeenergy@rocketmail.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 12:06 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] New member
 
Hi.

Just introducing myself here.

I have a Morgan 33T sloop in the Bay Area of California. I just purchased it and it has an electric drive.

It's a 10 HP motor with two banks of Lithium batteries at 48 volts. Full battery monitoring and charging system and a solid state controller.

It seems to run for at least four hours.

It's the first system like this I've had and I'm still learning about it. It would be fun to hear from others with electric sail boats and boats with Lithium bats.

John



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment