Wednesday, May 29, 2013

[Electric Boats] Torqeedo on a Catalina 22

 



I'm mounting a Torqeedo 4R on a Catalina 22, with 4x deep storage marine batteries and 48V charger.
Has anyone done anything like this yet?

If anything, the Torqeedo 4R should be more than enough for a C22 (typical power is a 4-6HP outboard).  If I were ordering from scratch, I probably would have gone with the Torqeedo 2R to get the 24V battery banks for easier charging, and ease of swapping / storing battery banks.

I'm assuming I'll use the motor to get in and out of the marina, and maybe putz around for an hour or so.   Nothing major, and extensive range is not required.

I'm really looking forward to getting some good data from this combination, and will definitely report back to the group once I have some...   :)

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment