Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] "Batteries Not Included"

 

That's what my pontoon does!
And all I have is two 50 dollar MK AT50's, two 140 AH floodeds, two 60 watt PV, a mornigstar charge controller, an ebay golf cart controller,
And a few other small goodies. Sits at the dock all week and plays hard as access to our cottage, and cruising the lake all weekend. Happiness is never buying fuel!

mattelderca

From: stmbtwle <stmbtwle@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:03:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] "Batteries Not Included"

 


There IS a "radiant energy" system that DOES work and it's well proven; I have three; one actually drives one of my boats. Another keeps the lights on and the beer cold on my houseboat. Some people call it "solar", but you could also call it "fusion". The gods provide the radiant energy, you just collect it all week and store it in a battery, to be used when you want to play.

My suggestion: Find an old aluminum pontoon boat (they're big, light, and don't require much power). Strip it down and build a rack overhead that will hold as many solar panels as you can fit within the dimensions of the boat. Install enough batteries to run your motor for a reasonable time, hook the panels up and park it in the sun for a week. By Saturday you'll have your "radiant energy boat". Some paint and foo-foo and you'll have a nifty rig that actually WORKS. Mine does; it's just a canoe with a trolling motor, but I haven't had to paddle or charge the batteries since I installed my "energy collector". I just park it in the sun, and it's ready to go when I am.

Even the Wright Brothers did things one step at a time, and they were ultimately successful.

Willie




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment