Monday, May 13, 2013

[Electric Boats] Repower Cruiser with Hybrid drive system

 

Hello All, I Have been lurking for a while.

Surperstorm sandy has resulted in many sharp discounts for those interested in flood repair.
being in the salvage hybrid car repair business, I bought this 32 foot Silverton for 2700 dollars including auction fees.

( I have started an album here called hybrid repower)
of course the trailer was twice that price and then towing it to Indiana from New Jersey was 2200.

I have removed twin v8's and an 4cyl generator, all rusted and stuck.
after 6 weeks of cleaning and rewiring the OEM electrical panel, we have
one of the planned two hybrid drives installed and running.

Today I welcome comments as to where to source exhaust components and an aftercooler.

My application is weekend camping on small lakes in the midwest.
I dont expect to go fast, I do expect to have nice ELECTRIC climate control and quiet operation.

I also removed the damaged central A/C from the silverton and plan to use the Toyota syetem instead. I will be fabricating a heat exchanger for the toyota a/c condenser.

thoughts?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment