Tuesday, May 21, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: anybody interested in a 32 foot cruiser I have repowered with a Prius drivetrain

 



---
> The boat isn't ever going to 'regen', so is there enough of a power
> demand spike to get the boat up onto the plane to make it worth it ? -
> i.e. can you use a smaller main engine that can sustain a plane but not
> get it there ?
>
> I'm having difficulty seeing how this saves over an appropriately
> sized direct drive ICE in a boat of this type.

I wont need a generator, and the Air conditioning compressor is electrically driven from the toyota inverter ( it is 3 phase)

No there will be no regen, but this forum is Electric boats, I am not posting on the cruisers forum.
My background is heavy in the PLUG in Conversion for Prius industry.
I failed to mention that after overcoming the cooling issues,
I plan to install a larger battery pack.
We already have a 16kw lithium pack sourced from parts of a nissan LEAF auto.

my intended application, where I live is on 8800 acre lakes... small by some standards. there is no where to "go".

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment