Friday, April 1, 2011

[Electric Boats] LiFe battery

 

The target weight for a boat I am constructing is 300 lbs, so it can be dragged up on the beach.

I asked a vendor for a quote on a 12V 200 Ah Life battery. He asked what I wanted it for. I told him to replace a pair of Wal-mart group 29 deep cycle batteries and save 100 pounds in weight. He then recommended

"My take on your project would be to use (1) 12V / 30Ah LiFeBATT Lithium prismatic cell battery. Cost = $ 550.00 plus $150 shipping. Weight = 13 LBS."

A 12V 45Ah lead acid battery weighs the same as what he quoted, and only costs 1/5 to 1/4 as much. If I wanted woefully inadequate capacity, I'd do that.

What are these batteries for?

John Casperson

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment