Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Re: [electricboats] sevcon controlled electric drive does not rotate

Hi Tim,

I had the same problem a couple of years back with my Sevcon/Motenergy combo (purchased from Thunderstruck).  It all worked great when I benched it and then it stopped working later on (the motor would vibrate a bit but not spin).  The problem ended up being the controller board in the engine (the Motenergy one costs about $30 US).  When Thunderstruck shipped me a new board it worked fine and I haven't had a problem since.

The controller board is in the back of the Motenergy motor, under a small screwed in panel.  I may have a picture from some previous emails that I can dig up.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32492) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment