Monday, November 20, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Parallel LiFePO4 Packs

Hi Kel,
Thanks for that. I did see the Daly Pack Parallel Module. I have not been able to get comfortable with the BMS units where the charge and discharge current is passed through and regulated by it. I've settled on 1 string of cells at 304 Ah for now. I bought a REC 2Q BMS that just controls a contactor to interrupt charging/discharging if parameters get out of bounds. I like this way because it's easy to bypass the contactor in a pinch. REC do have the ability to parallel strings. I think (not sure) it would be 2 BMS plus a master module. I finally just had to get off the fence and do something, so I took the easy way out and went with a single string.

Chris

Sent from myPhone

On Nov 20, 2023, at 16:41, Reuben Trane via groups.io <rjtrane=me.com@groups.io> wrote:



Does the Daly BMS allow for 200A current - I'm guessing your motors are 48v/10kW?

I have twins in my cat but a single 1,000AH/48v pack with Winston cells - 16s. Much simpler than two packs. 


what model Daly handles parallel connections safely  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment