Monday, July 3, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Another Solar Electric Katamaran

Very nice, I built an 18' catamaran that uses a Torqeedo 2.0 Cruise with 1560 watts of panels charging a 10kw Lifep04 battery bank. I wish I had made it 20' for a bit more efficiency in cruising. Last year I did a 23 day trip all on solar electric power.
I bought my batteries and solar panels from China and got a good price. Depending on what your tariffs are for China this certainly is a good option.

Phil

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 11:09:14 a.m. EDT, Günter Wöckener <info@heimfried.de> wrote:


I'm currently building a Cabin Kat, started 2017. 6,35 m LOA, 12 semi flexible Solarpanels on the roof. Two small electric Trolling motors (1.4 kW each) for propulsion a third one (0.9 kW) acting as bow thruster.

I hope, I will be able to launch her (in Berlin, Germany) this year for a test in a small river. The boat will be then in an incomplete state (regarding Interior furniture). May be I have to wait with the launch for next year . We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment