Sunday, July 23, 2023

Re: [electricboats] advice not on sailing boat

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: added link to Monterey ME1003 specs]

hi, last summer I started this post, now a bit further in the process - I've purchased a used set, the best I could afford now - knowing that I need to do some adjustments to make it fit my situation.

Can you share your thoughts on setting up my system? I like to keep most parts in tact, of course, but can imagine changing some elements may be the best option. 

what there is now;
an 16x11 inch prop 400 mm diameter , 290mm prop., there is room to fit a bigger one. 
my most used speed will be around 6,5kmh, around 500-700 rpm on the shaft 
good fit or replace?.

I bought a Monterey ME1003. I think to powerful, but works 12-72v. As per their site, the ME1003 is designed to run 3000rpm at 72v, "This ME1003 is a Brush-Type, Permanent Magnet DC motor with very high efficiency. Capable of 11.5 KW continuous and 20 KW for 30 seconds (at 72 VDC). For voltages from 12 to 72 VDC input and 200 amps continuous (400 amps for 30 seconds ). "

I have 8 6volt 330ah batteries AGM

It may not be an ideal mix, but It's not a sailing boat, I just like to cruise the Amsterdam canals for a couple of hours. 
Need some power to manoeuvre when it's busy, and when crossing the river. 

I read a lot about higher efficiency at higher RPM, that would suggest reduction. But is that effluence difference significant?
would a direct connection to the ax be nicer, as it requires less rpm (less noise)?
Should I make this a 24 or 48 volt set-up?
(I'll probably want to change to Litium batteries when the AGM batteries I have die (in a couple of years?)).

How can I determine if I have enough power (torque?) in on 24vollt? 
is cabling for lower voltage a significant costs compared to a higher voltage? 

hope you can help me some pieces of this puzzle,
thanks!
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32380) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment