Sunday, July 23, 2023

Re: [electricboats] advice not on sailing boat

Thanks Bobkart, 
I only have references below on 'power consumption', so not really. This if what I measured with my old diesel engine. 340rpm is almost neutral. 9.3 kmh is not far from max speed.

rpm kmh
340 3,5
540 6,1
600 6,5
845 8,6
975 9,3


S0 maybe there is more slip? I've added some photos of the boat.

You're suggesting a smaller prop, so I can make more rpm, so the engine will be efficient, right? if max rpm on 48v is 2250 (according to Monterey) then 24v will be 1125, right? 
That's not that far off on the max rpm I expect I need with this prop.
If cruising on 50% of that max rpm @ 24v, is that a situation that needs to be improved? 
by a smaller prop with direct drive
or
with the same prop with a 2:1 reduction at 48v? 
is my thinking correct? 

and what would be smart to do :-)
thanks again
elwin


_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32382) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment