Wednesday, July 19, 2023

[electricboats] cruising Amsterdam Canals

dear knoledable member,
with pleasure I've been following this forum, with a special interest on electrifying my old steel open boat based in the Amsterdam canals. It's a 5,5m boat, just used to cruise the canals at a modest 5-6km/h (walking speed). 

I've ran into a second hand kit that may work great for me, just thought to reach out before I do something stupid (buy the wrong kit). 
The engine is a Motenergy ME1003, though not brushless I see it mentioned onThunderstruck and the European version kit-elec-shop, and the controller Alltrax SPM72400, that I can't find many references of. 

I'm hoping on advice to use these on a a boat, rather then in a cart. No salt water but always somewhat moist enviremont as there will always be (rain) water in the bilge.
I'm quite confident the engine is quite a good fit to my boat. 

The kit that I could but second-hand is including throttle, relais, reverse-relais, motor-frame and 8 Edrive AGM batteries, 6v 330ah. total 3500 euro, the controller and engine are about 1500 together as far as I could find online. 
Would still require some work on cabling and programming thought. 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks from Amsterdam,
Elwin

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32373) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment