Thursday, December 30, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Motor Mount and Thrust Plate design - hoping for feedback

Thanks, Shredderf16! I looked at onlinemetals.com, and they have 316 in stock as well as 304.  The price is only about 30% more for 316, so likely a good choice.  I also reached out to oshcut.com. They don't have it and aren't willing to cut metal bought elsewhere. BUT onlinemetals.com does laser cutting through SendCutSend, so I'll look into seeing if I can get the best of both worlds!

Failure of 304 in 3 months is pretty rough!  In my use, I won't get any salt water on the metal, and the iron and steel on the motor and surrounding areas went 30 years without rusting (although initially protected by paint). So I'm not going to feel too badly if I have to stick with 304, but I will certainly prefer 316 if I can swing it!  Thanks for your recommendation and experience.

As an aside, and coming back to price...  Comparing oshcut and onlinemetals/sendcutsend, it looks like oshcut (after shipping) is about 40% less expensive.  ($800 vs $1300)
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31724) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment