Thursday, December 30, 2021

[electricboats] High power

Hi all,
I'm very new here and very excited to have found such a great resource.
I'm a pretty new owner of a '79 Catalina 30.  I've been researching going electric for a year or so.  I've recently come up with a crazy idea that I would love to have someone shoot down so that it stops keeping me awake at night :)
Please tell me all the reasons it would be foolish to replace a normal motor with 2 (or 3 or 4) thrusters such as this: 


Please note that the specific motor is not the focus of this question - thats just an example of a high power submersible motor that I have in mind.

My thoughts are benefits would be:
Redundancy
Economy
Possibly more efficient given 2, 3 or 4 props vs 1?
Installing by epoxying to the hull, installation wouldn't be that difficult?
Improved maneuverability in tight places
No prop walk
Improved regen?

Many thanks for your thoughts!

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31746) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment