Thursday, December 30, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Motor Mount and Thrust Plate design - hoping for feedback

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 12:22 AM, Carsten wrote:
Steve, I would suggest that you make a machined alu bar in the really right angles, and fix the bottom plate end the vertical plate by a with that. Don't go with stainless.
You can do it by your hands (hard work), or by machinery. (I'm also a machinist)
Cut the threads for the bolts by hand. You count how many you'll need, or I'll help you.
You can put shims or epoxy under. I know how the technique to aligne engines by epoxy.
You may want to address me directly for more info.
Carsten, I forgot to address the aluminum recommendation.  Are you suggesting I do the whole motor mount and everything in aluminum, or just machine the bolts in aluminum?  I actually thought of aluminum for the whole thing -- much cheaper and plenty strong, but stainless steel fell in price so I thought I'd use it instead. I'd hesitate using aluminum bolts on stainless plate, though. Wouldn't the differing metals cause problems?  

Thanks again, Carsten!  I have really appreciated your comments throughout the forum, not just on my posts!
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31718) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment