Friday, September 24, 2021

Re: [electricboats] new member: looking for electric outboard recommendations

Hi, Roger,

I might be interested, but don't wait for me. I am waiting for the trailer to be reconfigured to the boat, so I can't take it anywhere yet.

The ePropulsion rep has promised to bring a motor to me to see if it will fit, after the boat shows. I am leaning toward a new motor but would consider a good used one.

What shaft length is your 1103? I may have issues with the lower unit clearing the trailer frame when landing. (The ePropulsion unit is available with an extra-short shaft, which I may need.)

How much use has it had? How much are you asking?

Do you attend the Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival in St Michaels? I will be there. Oct. 1-3.


Greg DeCowsky


"I was at first in some confusion as to whether fishing is a religion or a disease."

Sam Llewellyn, The Worst Journey in the Midlands. 



On Sep 22, 2021, at 1:12 PM, Roger Mullette <r.mullette@gmail.com> wrote:

Greg, I'm over in Annapolis and am using a Torqeedo 1103 on a 17" catboat. I also have a 403 on a Hobie PA14. Both use a remote throttle . I have my boats up for sale because of health issues. But you are welcome to come and see them. I have someone "interested" in the catboat without the engine which would make the 1103 available. It has a brand new battery from the Torqeedo recall. I'm not willing to sell the engine without the boaty. We could take it out for a sail if you would like.
 Roger


On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 12:28 PM Greg DeCowsky via groups.io <greg.decowsky=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I just got a 15' sailboat that wants to have an electric motor in a 14" x 7" well 13" deep. I need something in the 2-3 hp range.

I have been looking at the Torqueedo website, specifically the 603C. West Marine ostensibly carries them but none of the local stores have any motors that I can test for fit.

Are there any other motors that I should look at? A web link would be appreciated, as would any info about current availability. A real plus would be to determine if they will be exhibited at the Annapolis Sailboat Show in October.

Thanks!
Greg DeCowsky
Rock Hall, MD, USA



No comments:

Post a Comment