Friday, September 24, 2021

[electricboats] PHEPB ?

PHEPB = Plug-in Hybrid Electric Power Boat

I am going to buy a used powerboat, in addition to my good ol' sailboat, which I sail singlehanded mostly.
To get the family out on daytrips.

It's a Shetland 570 (1990) with an ol' faithful Mercury 115 2-stroke, and it comes with a trailer.

But - I do not like the stinky and noisy "power of tower" of the 6 cyl. engine, when I don't need to use all the power of it.

Boat + engine is about 2300 lbs / 1 ton.
Any of you guys have experiences how to PHEPB such a craft with a dip-in electric engine ?

Another thought :
It is a light fun-boat, for daytrips on the local fjord, so it may even be planing with a big electric motor too ;-)
Just need a a chunk of LiFePO4's to power it, but then the Merc is out.

Best wishes,
Carsten

No comments:

Post a Comment