Sunday, September 19, 2021

Re: [electricboats] new member: looking for electric outboard recommendations

Greg,  Most any 55 lb. trolling motor will do the job for you, especially if you are using it for maneuvering, etc.  If you might need to cruise 5+ miles regularly under power, then Torqueedo and similar motors might be a better option.
my .02 worth,
Glenn Holland

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 11:52 AM
Subject: [electricboats] new member: looking for electric outboard recommendations

I just got a 15' sailboat that wants to have an electric motor in a 14" x 7" well 13" deep. I need something in the 2-3 hp range.

I have been looking at the Torqueedo website, specifically the 603C. West Marine ostensibly carries them but none of the local stores have any motors that I can test for fit.

Are there any other motors that I should look at? A web link would be appreciated, as would any info about current availability. A real plus would be to determine if they will be exhibited at the Annapolis Sailboat Show in October.

Thanks!
Greg DeCowsky
Rock Hall, MD, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment