Sunday, May 9, 2021

[electricboats] Naive newbie questions

Hi!
I'm a new owner of a 27 foot ~4800 pounds displacement sailing boat with a struggling Yanmar 80's diesel engine.
I'm already tired of the smell, leaks and continous breaking and am super keen on going electric.
So this is just for feasability. I'm a total newbie to electrics, other than a little work I've done on my 12v motorcycle .
While I try to keep my diesel working through the season, would it make sense to order a lets say 2000w or 3000w brushless motor kit from China? For example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293663252855?hash=item445fb1a177:g:sq0AAOSwGpxfHc50
Get it home and start tinkering together with a 12v battery as a learn by doing-experience. Is it possible to figure it out as you go with googling? Considering the low cost.
And if I figure it out, order the right speed and reverse controller for a boat and lift out the diesel.
Thanks
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31384) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment