Sunday, May 23, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Retreat Time Re Power Help?

Do you have power/speedRPM info from your diesel? This will help you predict correct reduction and propeller diameter. Your 72v motor will gave a top speed of 3,600RPM  if, for instance, you had a cruising speed if 6 knits with a propeller speed of 900 RPM with existing prop, you can do the math to figure out reduction - somewhere around 4:1 in this instance.


My 40’ cat weighs over 20,000# and has a pair of Motenergy 48v/10kW motors using a 3:1 reduction with max prop RPM of 800. My max speed is 6.3kts with max cruise of 6 knots. 


my guess is you’ll find you can cruise at up to 6 knots - but it will require a big battery if you’re going more than an hour or two. I have a 48v/1,000AH Winston LFP pack. I figure I have a max range of 25NM at 5 kts. 

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31436) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment