Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Naive newbie questions

Watch that I read 72 vdc. The kw looks a little low. Let us know. Good luck


On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 11:51 PM, Ashley Holliday via groups.io
<rasholly51=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
That motor and parts seems perfect for what you want to do. Good price, all installation parts supplied just mount and connect to drive shaft, plug in all the controls, connect up to battery and away you go.


On Mon, 10 May 2021 at 4:16 am, davidfornborg@gmail.com
<davidfornborg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!
I'm a new owner of a 27 foot ~4800 pounds displacement sailing boat with a struggling Yanmar 80's diesel engine.
I'm already tired of the smell, leaks and continous breaking and am super keen on going electric.
So this is just for feasability. I'm a total newbie to electrics, other than a little work I've done on my 12v motorcycle .
While I try to keep my diesel working through the season, would it make sense to order a lets say 2000w or 3000w brushless motor kit from China? For example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293663252855?hash=item445fb1a177:g:sq0AAOSwGpxfHc50
Get it home and start tinkering together with a 12v battery as a learn by doing-experience. Is it possible to figure it out as you go with googling? Considering the low cost.
And if I figure it out, order the right speed and reverse controller for a boat and lift out the diesel.
Thanks
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31405) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment