Friday, May 14, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Naive newbie questions

[Edited Message Follows]

Darin:
Those are some great points. I agree with you, after doing some more research, that these motors are probably not suited for sustained 3kw output. They cheap out by providing a controller that will only do ~2kw at 48v. But still, that might be enough if it's only about getting in and out of the slip and perhaps motoring a bit in calm weather. We don't really have any tides to fight where I sail. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Phil: Are you saying that you have a go cart-kit installed that works for you? What kind of boat do you have and what's your battery setup? :-)

So theoretically if I remove my Yanmar engine, I'm guessing I will end up detaching the propeller shaft from its gearbox. The shaft is 25mm from what I can tell. What kind of sprocket would I fit on the shaft and will it have the same keyway? I've read that the gearing should be 2:1 so that if the engine sprocket is 8t I would be looking for a 16t sprocket for the propeller shaft, is that right?
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31408) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment