Monday, May 10, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Naive newbie questions

There have been links to Lifepo4 batteries on this list that are effectively cheaper than lead acid when you consider you only need half the capacity. Also bigbattery.com just had some 36v packs that were incredibly cheap. I would check out those before buying lead acid.
Jerry Barth



On May 10, 2021, at 9:02 AM, dfornis <davidfornborg@gmail.com> wrote:


On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 03:41 PM, Dan Pfeiffer wrote:
20AH lead acid (which means 10AH of usable capacity) will run your motor at 1000 watts for maybe 20 minutes?  Might be enough for your needs but stay far away from trouble (like a lee shore).  
Alright! I would need to double that then at least. But I'd have to plan so that I can start out with a smaller set of batteries in paralell 48v and be able to scale up from there.

Thanks for the link, it's a great resource. I wish I had a "sharp analytical approach" but realistically I have a "good enough" and learn-by-doing kind of approach.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31397) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment