Thursday, September 3, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Supplementary electric power for heavy old sailing boat

I just took a look in my engine room and I do think I could possibly mount the motor directly onto the transmission.  Orest, would you be willing to post a photo of your arrangement?  I'd be most interested to see just where you bolted the mounting bracket.  

Also, I was looking at Goodyear toothed power transmission belts.  There are many different types!  Do you recall just what kind you are using?

It's interesting that you are experiencing heat problems.  Is it when you're running or is it when regenerating that you're developing heat?  Do you think a liquid cooled motor might be in order for this application perhaps?  Do you often run in the 10kw range or are you getting hot at lower power also?

Thanks,

Matthew
Dexter, Michigan
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30723) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment