Sunday, September 13, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Repowering a 55' sailboat

Eric,

That is an incredibly helpful reply! I'm going to spending some time reading more of your posts on the channel. 

Your guess on displacement is spot on. With full fuel tanks and the diesel motor in place, it was a bit under 50,000 lbs. It's been as low as 45,000 pounds, and I'll likely shed a bit of weight as I draw down the diesel. But 25 tons is great for calculations. As I get it running, I'll be sure to feed back all the technical details to you and the group for one more set of data points. :-)

I'll be digesting this info and starting to include it in my future calculations and plans. 

Once again, thank you so much for your wonderful reply. I pray I'll be able to be as helpful on this list sometime in the future with some conversion experience under my belt!

:-)
Steve
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30756) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment