Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Repowering a 55' sailboat

[Edited Message Follows]

Thank you so much, Mike!  This is very helpful. I actually looked deeply at the QuietTorque 60.0LC. It looks like one of the absolute best solutions for my boat. The professional look, ease of installation and excellent reviews really led me to consider it. Really, the only reason why I didn't end up going down the pre-build route is that my boat was built from the hull up by my father, uncle and grandfather over 12 years of effort. Everything has been hand built and designed. In order to fully participate in the experience and make the boat mine, I wanted to deeply dive into all the technical details of an electric conversion and then build from as close to scratch as I could. That said, I was recently in a rush and almost bought the QT60, but decided, in the breach, that I could lose another sailing season and build it myself.

I really like the breakdown, Mike.  I've actually created a graph with the estimates created from Gerr (from his book), Eric's feedback-based calculations from this list, and your experience-based calculations from building production systems.  I built a quick non-linear regression to fit a simple curve, then used it to predict a set of common values.  (I couldn't embed it and the normal upload to the forum isn't working. I was able to add it as an attachment, but can't find the attachment. So, there's a simple link below.)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aux_hgfdOOFDr-xWXlvbpH_-ffow_A?e=4rq0OJ

Thanks again, Mike!
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30772) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment