Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Re: [electricboats] No Vibration? - How did you get there?

I ended up  bolting my motor to a Browning gear drive with c-face adapter. It's very similar to a Electro Prop system. The drive sits on a drop pan that can be adjusted by 4 motor mounts just like an ICE. This allows you to really aline the output shaft of the drive to the prop shaft. I used typical flanged & bolted couplings to connect everything. In my opinion no matter what coupler one uses to connect the prop shaft to the drive, alignment is critical to prevent vibration. When I did my conversion I also installed a new shaft & cutlass bearing. 

Bob


_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30704) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment