Thursday, June 11, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Need some mechanical help in UK or Oz to prepare for electric - anyone recommended?

Hi Reuben,
Thank you! That helps a lot.

I was trying to get away from machining a keyway by bolting onto the coupling - the keyway would be much more costly and time consuming. 

I totally agree with the multi-belt idea too. If I can have a split pulley, then maintenance of it is easy and having a few spare belts makes the installation considerably more robust. If I can't split the pulley, it's probably ok as I don't expect it to go too wrong regularly (eek!).

Could you find the companies who sell the packs? Thunderstruck do so for reduction "box" but don't assume it's a parallel Installation, instead it's for direct connection to the prop shaft it seems.

Thanks
Rob 


On 12 Jun 2020, at 12:10 am, Reuben Trane via groups.io <rjtrane=me.com@groups.io> wrote:



A 1" clogged belt is OK for 10 kW. That's what I have. Perhaps you'll need the shaft pulley aft of the coupling - you'll need to pull the shafts and have them machined for the pulley key way. I'd buy several extra belts and store them in place around the shaft so if you need to replace a belt, you won't need to undo the coupling. 


ive seen some companies that sell an aftermarket add on for a parallel system. Includes everything you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment