Thursday, June 25, 2020

Re: [electricboats] House systems - separate or together with drive system?

There is added complexity either way you go. The right answer takes into account the peak and continuous loads for the 12v. For me, the biggest load is the anchor windlass at <80 amps. So, a pair of Thunderstruck 50 amp DC-DC converters was the simplest approach. BTW, my propulsion batteries are 96v. If my peak current had to include a starter motor then DC-DC converters probably wouldn't be as good a choice and a separate 12v battery + charger would be better. I do have a portable 12v battery plus charger for my tender that can also be tied in for 12v emergency power should the main system fail.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30592) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment