Friday, November 15, 2019

Re: [electricboats] 1900+ km in a Solar Electric Powered, Side Wheel Paddle Boat

I''m glad to rehook with the group and see what folks have done since. Love this update on the River Snail!


From: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io> on behalf of austipodean <david@davidwiseman.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:13 PM
To: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io>
Subject: [electricboats] 1900+ km in a Solar Electric Powered, Side Wheel Paddle Boat
 

G'day All:

 

I was reminded that I had been a member of this group when I saw the notification of the move to groups.io.

 

I had browsed the original Yahoo group a while back when contemplating building a solar boat.

 

We did build "River Snail (notopala solaris)" and I can report that we cruised her successfully down the navigable length of the Australia's Murray River during November / December 2017, a distance of just over 1900km taking us 6 weeks, completely under solar power.

 

 

If anyone is interested, further details are available in the blog at www.riversnail.wordpress.com.

 

Have fun,

 

Dave

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment